Mitchum Man


Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster, they don't make faces like that anymore. I watched The Big Steal last weekend. There are a couple reasons for this. 1.) I like old movies and definitely old film noirs. 2.) The Selvage Yard. The Selvage Yard is a blog I came across maybe a year ago. Basically they post a ton of photos of things I find interesting and or cool--really nice photos--from Hockney to the Hell's Angels.

Last week they posted some photos of Robert Mitchum. I realized I had seen him in a bunch of movies, but didn't know much of anything about him. Take a look at their post. (Now, in your best Ira Glass voice): Uhm, the following link contains partial nudity and acknowledges the existence of drugs--http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/robert-mitchum-pt-i-a-lovehate-relationship-with-hollywood/

Comments