Welcome to the fast-paced world of moss gardening!

"It takes a long time to feel you belong there [the woods]
and then you never really belong in town."
--Jim Harrison, Brown Dog


Late June is not a great time to get jazzed about Halloween and the heart of Autumn is not a great time to get jazzed about gardening, but so it goes for me. Late last October I was getting really excited about creating a moss garden along the North and very shady side of the house. With the impending dormant season there wasn't much to do but read a book.


Today I got out there, removed the grass (replanting on the other side of the house), harvested the existing moss…


…and placed my collection of oddly shaped branches.


After repotting my lil maple,


there's nothing left to do, but sit back and watch the moss grow.

Comments